- Free Freeware
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Jun 25, 2018
- [+] More Details
Inno Setup Review
Inno Setup is a Freeware Setup builder app filed under software install managers and made available by Jordan Russell for Windows.
The review for Inno Setup has not been completed yet, but it was tested by an editor here on a PC and a list of features has been compiled; see below.
If you would like to submit a review of this software download, we welcome your input and encourage you to submit us something!
We have tested Inno Setup 5.6.1 against malware with several different programs. We certify that this program is clean of viruses, malware and trojans. [Read more]
A free installer for Windows-based programs with lots of features:
Inno Setup is a free installer for Windows programs. First introduced in 1997, Inno Setup today rivals and even surpasses many commercial installers in feature set and stability.
Features include a wizard interface, creation of a single EXE for easy online distribution, support for disk spanning, full uninstall capabilities, customizable setup types, integrated file compression, support for installing shared files and OCXÂ´s, and creation of Start Menu icons, INI entries, and registry entries.Inno Setup features and highlights:
- Extensive support for installation of 64-bit applications on the 64-bit editions of Windows. Both the x64 and Itanium architectures are supported. (On the Itanium architecture, Service Pack 1 or later is required on Windows Server 2003 to install in 64-bit mode.
- Supports creation of a single EXE to install your program for easy online distribution. Disk spanning is also supported
- Standard Windows 2000/XP-style wizard interface
- Customizable setup types, e.g. Full, Minimal, Custom
- Complete uninstall capabilities
- Includes integrated support for "deflate", bzip2, and 7-Zip LZMA/LZMA2 file compression
- Compare file version info, replace in-use files, use shared file counting, register DLL/OCX's and type libraries, and install fonts
- Creation of shortcuts anywhere, including in the Start Menu and on the desktop
- Creation of registry and .INI entries
- Running other programs before, during or after install
- Support for multilingual installs, including right-to-left language support
- Support for passworded and encrypted installs
- Support for digitally signed installs and uninstalls
- Silent install and uninstall
- Unicode installs
- Integrated preprocessor option for advanced compile-time customization
- Integrated Pascal scripting engine option for advanced run-time install and uninstall customization
Inno Setup is licensed as Freeware for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from software install managers without restrictions. Inno Setup 5.6.1 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
This Setup builder software is filed under:
- Inno Setup Download
- Freeware Software Install Managers
- Major release: Inno Setup 5.6
Compatibility with this Setup builder software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version may be available from Jordan Russell.
Page maintained by Fernando Ortega.